You or the person caring for you; a loved one, family member or friend. All of you are impacted by the illness and the adaptations that are needed. From struggle, to acceptance, to finding a new way to manage. As well as to emotionally/physically come to terms with the situation. Eventually, finding a way forward and making sense of and finding a meaning to life.
Therapy is one place that you can find solace in, no demands, no need to pretend, just simply be who you are and where you are emotionally, total acceptance of you and your circumstances.
Together in a therapeutic alliance, here are some of the things you can obtain:
- Find the answers that are important to you and your life
- Enable you to talk about your fear of death
- Acknowledge your qualities
- Gain emotional support when you are challenged by circumstances
- Emotionally re-evaluate as adjustments are required
- Establish a sense of purpose and direction
- View the person that you are and not the identity a chronic illness can bring
- Help to live a more fulfilled life